US Tourist Visa
The US Tourist Visa has two categories: The B1 for business and the B2 for pleasure or medical treatment. In general, the B1 visa is for those who travel to the US to consult with business associates or attending any scientific, educational, professional or business related conventions. The B2 visa is for recreational travel, which includes tourism and visiting friends or relatives, medical treatment and fraternal or social activities. Most likely B1/B2 are given to the visa applicant once visa approved.
US Tourist Visa
For applicants of the US Tourist Visa, one must demonstrate to the consular official that he or she is qualified for a US visa in line with the US Immigration and Nationality Act.
In section 214 of the INA, it is presumed that all US visa applicants intend to stay permanently in the US including tourist visa holders. This is the presumption that the visa applicant must overcome by showing that:
- – You are planning to stay in the US only for a temporary period and that your purpose is just to visit the country;
- – You have proof of financial capability to shoulder all your expenses while staying in the US;
- – You have a residence outside of the United States, as well as other social or economic ties which ensures that you will return to Thailand at the end of your visit;
Document requirements when applying for the US Tourist Visa in Thailand:
– Completely filled out DS-160 form;
– Current valid passport valid for travel to the US, with a validity of at least six months beyond the intended period of travel to the United States;
– 2 in x 2 in photograph taken recently or within the last six months;
– Receipt of payment for the non-refundable non-immigrant visa application processing fee, in local currency. Once a visa is issued, there might be some additional visa issuance fees depending on your nationality.
In addition to the items listed above, you should also present an interview appointment letter to confirm that you have booked for an appointment through this service. Also, you could bring any supporting documents that you believe would be helpful when you provide the information to the consular officer.
https://thailand-lawfirms.com/us-tourist-visa.htmlhttps://thailand-lawfirms.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/us-visa-in-thailand-1024x683.jpeghttps://thailand-lawfirms.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/us-visa-in-thailand-150x150.jpegForeign Visaus visaThe US Tourist Visa has two categories: The B1 for business and the B2 for pleasure or medical treatment. In general, the B1 visa is for those who travel to the US to consult with business associates or attending any scientific, educational, professional or business related conventions. The B2...admin09 firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorThai Law Firm